People with Coronavirus may have:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
If you are concerned you may have symptoms of Coronavirus you can:
- use the Symptom checker at HealthDirect
- Contact the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080
- Seek medical advice and/or assessment accordingly
If you have a medical emergency call 000.
Stay connected to your GP
It is still important to keep your health in check, especially individuals with chronic disease, pregnancy, mental health needs and vulnerable populations.
We recommend liaising with your GP about your most appropriate course of care, whether it should be via telehealth or face-to-face.
If you cannot visit your GP in person, you can stay connected via Telehealth for selected items.
What can I do by Telehealth?
If unable to attend a GP in person, Bulk billed Telehealth consults by phone or video with your GP are available under medicare for the following:
- standard GP consultations
- people diagnosed with COVID-19 virus who are not a patient of a hospital
- people isolating themselves at home on the advice of a medical practitioner or in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC)
- people who are considered more susceptible to COVID-19, including:
- people aged over 70
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over 50
- people with chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised; and
- parents with new babies and people who are pregnant
- people who meet the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
How to connect?
Book your appointments online with your GP. Simply visit them via their website or booking platform.
There are also arrangements in place for GP’s to facilitate prescriptions for individuals in isolation. Enquire with your GP.
Pharmacies remain open as an essential service.
I cannot visit my GP
- To utilise Telehealth where possible
- Liaise with your GP (contact via phone) to determine the most appropriate course of care for your health needs
- Keep a list of what checks you need so that when you are able to visit/engage with your GP you know what is due.